Toyota Prius insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Are you searching for more competitive Toyota Prius V insurance in San Antonio? Feel like you're a prisoner to an expensive auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many San Antonio drivers have buyer's remorse.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most auto insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,700, Texas drivers can save up to 70% each year, but they don't know the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Due to the fact that there are so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be challenging to choose a more affordable company.
It's smart to get comparison quotes every six months because auto insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the lowest rates on Toyota Prius V insurance in San Antonio six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to learn the proper way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Our objective in writing this article is to let you in on the best way to buy inexpensive insurance and also save some money in the process If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas presented in this article. Although Texas consumers should learn how companies calculate your policy premium and take advantage of how the system works.
When quoting insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps improve the odds of finding better pricing.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Protect your Toyota Prius V and other assets
Despite the high insurance cost for a Toyota Prius V in San Antonio, buying insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Prius V has a lienholder, most lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Toyota gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Defensive Driving Course - Participating in a defensive driving course could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Memberships - Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Seniors may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- No Claims - San Antonio drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Paper-free Discount - A few larger companies will give you a small discount for signing up on the web.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, federal employee, defensive driver, military active duty, driver training, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, and good driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, driver's education, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for ease of repair, age of vehicle, good student, annual mileage, and low natural disaster claims.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for automatic seat belts, 55 and older, driver training, theft prevention, and air bags.
- Allstate has discounts for senior citizen, passive restraint, multi-policy, premier discount, and defensive driver.
Double check with every company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in San Antonio. If you would like to view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in San Antonio, click here.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local San Antonio insurance agency
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting small agencies is still important in San Antonio.
By using this quick form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in San Antonio that can provide free San Antonio auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in San Antonio can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, it's recommended you get several quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a short list of independent agents in San Antonio who may provide price quotes.
Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd - San Antonio, TX 78230 - (210) 693-1501 - View Map
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are San Antonio exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Is the agency active in community causes in San Antonio?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Don't give up on cheap coverage
Budget-friendly insurance in San Antonio is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote San Antonio auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
We covered a lot of techniques to lower your Toyota Prius V insurance rates in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When searching for the cheapest Toyota Prius V rate quotes, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for College Students in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)