How long has it been since you compared the cheapest car insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Ford Freestar insurance. They can either waste time driving around to compare prices or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to find car insurance online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Ford and locate the best price possible from San Antonio insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good idea to compare prices as often as possible due to the fact that insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest rate on Ford Freestar insurance in San Antonio a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better prices now. There is too much inaccurate information about Freestar insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some proven techniques to slash your car insurance rates in San Antonio.
The most recommended method to compare rates for Ford Freestar insurance in San Antonio is to know the fact most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as if you are currently licensed, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, your education level, and your general credit rating. That rating information is automatically sent to all major companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To find lower cheaper Ford Freestar insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in San Antonio, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cheap Ford Freestar insurance in San Antonio
Some insurers don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known as well as the least known insurance savings.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 get San Antonio car insurance digitally online.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for homeowner, mature driver, switch companies, multi-car, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including emergency military deployment, driver training, daytime running lights, air bags, and good student.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, air bags, good driver, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, easy pay, business or organization, family plan, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
It’s a good idea to ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in San Antonio.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford Freestar with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Ford Freestar and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Many drivers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in San Antonio who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent in San Antonio should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they full-time agents?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How long has their agency been open in San Antonio?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in San Antonio?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you want to use a reputable agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence buying decisions.
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are trained well in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are San Antonio exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Tom Fladd – State Farm Insurance Agent
9023 Huebner Rd #108 – San Antonio, TX 78240 – (210) 684-5253 – View Map
- Jaime Luna – State Farm Insurance Agent
9719 Poteet Jourdanton Fwy Ste 103 – San Antonio, TX 78211 – (210) 927-5862 – View Map
- Sonia Flores – State Farm Insurance Agent
3103 SE Military Dr #102 – San Antonio, TX 78223 – (210) 333-1030 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are San Antonio independent agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Atlas Insurance Agency,Inc
1954 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 927-2277 – View Map
- Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 593-8935 – View Map
- IBC Insurance Agency Ltd
5300 Walzem Rd – San Antonio, TX 78218 – (210) 646-9870 – View Map
Once you have received satisfactory answers to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can be relied on to provide car insurance coverage.