Have you finally had enough of paying out the nose to pay your insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as many other Texas drivers.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price are likely to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent insurance study discovered that people who shopped around every year saved an average of $72 a month compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance is why you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of the best way to quote and compare coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and uncover the absolute lowest price on Fiat 500 insurance in San Antonio.
Companies offering Fiat 500 insurance in San Antonio
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get affordable Fiat 500 insurance in San Antonio with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before they will apply.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a San Antonio car insurance quote.
- Paperless Signup – A few car insurance companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application digitally online.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Fiat can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Multi-line Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- 21st Century offers discounts including early bird, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, teen driver, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, passive restraint, safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, good driver, anti-theft, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly retired, good student, hybrid vehicle, safety features, new graduate, exclusive group savings, and teen driver discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
If you need affordable Fiat 500 insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in San Antonio.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Some consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in San Antonio that provide free San Antonio car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in San Antonio should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in San Antonio?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does their agency support local causes in San Antonio?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in San Antonio who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in San Antonio that can give you rate quotes.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 593-8935 – View Map
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your 500 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your 500 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from flooding, fire damage, theft, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees, attorney fees, bail bonds and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as hospital visits, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Fiat 500.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25 in Texas), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Auto insurance savings summarized
We just showed you a lot of ways to save on Fiat 500 insurance in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. Some small companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)