Frustrated by the dozens of auto insurance sources that you can choose from? You're not alone. Texas consumers have so many sources to choose from that it can really be a ton of work to find lower prices on Dodge Dakota insurance. If you live there, you know that San Antonio is a great city to live in, but the high premiums for auto insurance can make it hard to afford.
It's a known fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around annually are inclined to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that consumers who shopped around saved on average $72 a month compared to those who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best rates on Dodge Dakota insurance is your objective, understanding how to quote and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the ideas covered in this article. This article's goal is to help educate you on the best ways to compare prices and also pocket some savings Although Texas consumers do need to understand how companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
The quickest way to get rate comparisons for Dodge Dakota insurance in San Antonio is to understand most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as deductibles desired, how you use your vehicles, if a SR-22 is needed, and if you have a valid license. The data gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes quickly.
To find lower affordable Dodge Dakota insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Dodge Dakota insurance in San Antonio
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- E-sign - A few larger companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on the web.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Dakota insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Participating in a safe driver course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- College Student - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from San Antonio and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Save with a New Car - Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver's education if it's offered in school.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way.
The information below compares Dodge Dakota insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, multiple autos, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for bundle discounts, early shopping, youthful driver, business and professional, alternative fuel, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, multi-vehicle, good student, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Nationwide offers discounts for good student, easy pay, business or organization, family plan, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in San Antonio. If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer online Dodge Dakota insurance quotes in San Antonio, click here.
Insurance rate breakdown
The price information displayed below showcases different insurance coverage prices for Dodge Dakota models. Knowing how car insurance premiums are calculated can help customers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$260||$544||$490||$30||$146||$1,470||$123|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$260||$544||$490||$30||$146||$1,470||$123|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$298||$544||$490||$30||$146||$1,508||$126|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$298||$544||$490||$30||$146||$1,508||$126|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$298||$642||$490||$30||$146||$1,606||$134|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$298||$642||$490||$30||$146||$1,606||$134|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$336||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,414||$118|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$336||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,414||$118|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$336||$642||$490||$30||$146||$1,644||$137|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$336||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,414||$118|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$336||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,414||$118|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$336||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,414||$118|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$336||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,512||$126|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$336||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,512||$126|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$336||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,512||$126|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$376||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,552||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can modify premium rates greatly.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Dodge Dakota premium costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The example below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders influence Dodge Dakota insurance premiums for different age groups. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance quotes from local San Antonio insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent directly to your email. It's the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How are they compensated?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How long have they been in business?
Best car insurance agent in San Antonio
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in San Antonio are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Antonio that can give you comparison quotes.
- Paul Wittmaier - State Farm Insurance Agent
16613 Huebner Rd - San Antonio, TX 78248 - (210) 493-3577 - View Map
- Kellie Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
10103 TX-1604 Loop #102 - San Antonio, TX 78254 - (210) 688-7707 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8910 Bandera Rd #110 - San Antonio, TX 78250 - (210) 673-2391 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent agents in San Antonio willing to provide price quote information.
- Bapodra Insurance Agency, Inc
8607 Wurzbach Rd #101 - San Antonio, TX 78240 - (210) 696-1133 - View Map
- A.R.M. Insurance Agency
1534 W Contour Dr #101 - San Antonio, TX 78212 - (210) 828-7873 - View Map
- Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd - San Antonio, TX 78230 - (210) 693-1501 - View Map
Lower Your San Antonio Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. When buying car insurance it's important to understand the rating factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in cheaper rates.
The items below are some of the items used by companies to determine your rates.
- Do you know you're credit history? - Credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Dakota by improving your rating. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Rates increase with policy add-ons - There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you aren't careful. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don't need them eliminate them to save money.
Fast cars cost more to insure - The performance of the car you drive makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Lower cost passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following chart uses these variables: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Dodge Dakota car insurance rates compared to other models that have different performances.
- Prices impacted by vehicle usage - Driving a lot of miles each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. An improperly rated Dakota is throwing money out the window. Verify your declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage.
Auto insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Dakota in San Antonio, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Dodge Dakota has a lienholder, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Dodge Dakota but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
We just showed you many tips how you can reduce Dodge Dakota insurance rates online in San Antonio. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
Lower-priced car insurance in San Antonio can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood San Antonio agents, so you need to shop San Antonio car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)