Did a good deal turn into high-priced Mazda CX-7 insurance in San Antonio? You’re preaching to the choir because many San Antonio consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Texas insurance shoppers could cut their rates by as much as 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
Due to the increasing number of companies and agents to choose from, it can be hard to choose the most cost effective car insurance provider.
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from different companies. The easiest way to compare rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Getting rates online is very simple and it takes the place of having to drive around to and from local San Antonio insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you prefer the professional advice that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, get prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your CX-7 has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mazda and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Mazda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Premium rates and analysis
The data table shown below highlights different insurance coverage prices for Mazda CX-7 models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance prices are established can help drivers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$326||$610||$514||$30||$154||$1,634||$136|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$368||$610||$514||$30||$154||$1,676||$140|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$368||$610||$514||$30||$154||$1,676||$140|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$368||$720||$514||$30||$154||$1,786||$149|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$410||$720||$514||$30||$154||$1,828||$152|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$410||$720||$514||$30||$154||$1,828||$152|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in San Antonio location which can affect insurance rates significantly.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Mazda CX-7 insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The information is based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no exact formula of when to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda CX-7 replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $300 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Mazda CX-7 insurance in San Antonio
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mazda may allow you to get substantially lower premium rates.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- E-sign Discounts – Some insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Mazda CX-7 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in San Antonio, click here to view.
Are car insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is definitely important in San Antonio.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in San Antonio who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented many ideas to get a better price on Mazda CX-7 insurance in San Antonio. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. These companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in San Antonio, Texas? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)