If you are new to getting San Antonio auto insurance quotes online, it’s easy to get confused by the diversity of local and online companies all offering big savings in San Antonio.
A study showed that the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $2,680, San Antonio drivers could save $1,800 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. We hope to help you learn the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and also save some money in the process Although Texas drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies market on the web and use it to your advantage.
Cheapest car insurance in San Antonio, TX
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Score discounts to get cheaper San Antonio auto insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so we break down a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Lexus GS F insurance in San Antonio.
- San Antonio Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in San Antonio can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially when compared with accident-prone drivers.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will cut the amount you pay for coverage.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, federal employee, driver training, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, defensive driving training, good driver, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for online shopper, good student, claim free, Pac-12 alumni, renters, and DriveSense.
- The Hartford includes discounts for driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, defensive driver, and bundle.
It’s a good idea to ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in San Antonio, click here.
Insurance agents can help
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in San Antonio who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How long has their agency been open in San Antonio?
When looking for a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in San Antonio who may provide you with price quotes.
- Joe Trevino – State Farm Insurance Agent
4951 De Zavala Rd – San Antonio, TX 78249 – (210) 694-0866 – View Map
- Tim Lucas State Farm Insurance Agent
21790 Bulverde Rd, 101 – San Antonio, TX 78259 – (210) 494-6700 – View Map
- Raul Benavides III – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 San Pedro Ave #135 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 824-5724 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Antonio that are able to give rate quotes.
- A.R.M. Insurance Agency
1534 W Contour Dr #101 – San Antonio, TX 78212 – (210) 828-7873 – View Map
- Bapodra Insurance Agency, Inc
8607 Wurzbach Rd #101 – San Antonio, TX 78240 – (210) 696-1133 – View Map
- Ellis Insurance Agency
15335 San Pedro Ave – San Antonio, TX 78232 – (210) 979-9000 – View Map
Car insurance coverages for a Lexus GS F
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for things like ambulance fees, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your GS F caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your GS F in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a deer, a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Lexus GS F.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Do the work, save more money
When getting San Antonio auto insurance quotes online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cost effective Lexus GS F insurance is possible on the web and with local San Antonio insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices, questionable increases in premium or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)