If you’re new to shopping for San Antonio car insurance quotes online, it’s easy to get confused thanks to all the different types of companies that all say they have the best rates for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in San Antonio.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,680, Texas drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Smart consumers take time to do price comparisons at least once a year because auto insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in San Antonio a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Range Rover insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some great ways to save money.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more prices will enable you to find the best offered rates. Some companies don’t provide price estimates online, so it’s important to also get prices from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance in San Antonio with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote San Antonio car insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for signing up before your current Range Rover insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy San Antonio car insurance online.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers could receive better insurance rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow data collection to study driving habits remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Land Rover may enable drivers to earn substantially lower insurance rates.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of providers offering insurance discounts in San Antonio, click here.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Land Rover Range Rover in San Antonio, buying car insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Range Rover, almost every bank will require that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Land Rover at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Land Rover Range Rover and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When should I talk to an agent?
Many people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is still important in San Antonio.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free San Antonio car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
When researching a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents in San Antonio are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always include several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in San Antonio who can help you get pricing information.
- Toubin Insurance Agency
7410 Blanco Rd #385 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 446-0109 – View Map
- Atlas Insurance Agency,Inc
1954 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 927-2277 – View Map
- A.R.M. Insurance Agency
1534 W Contour Dr #101 – San Antonio, TX 78212 – (210) 828-7873 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in San Antonio that are able to give rate quotes.
- Ryan Meier – State Farm Insurance Agent
8015 Bandera Rd #102 – San Antonio, TX 78250 – (210) 680-6557 – View Map
- Mary Ellen Jablonski – State Farm Insurance Agent
2606 TPC Pkwy #107 – San Antonio, TX 78259 – (210) 829-1778 – View Map
- Trent Rosenkranz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1840 S General McMullen Dr #109 – San Antonio, TX 78226 – (210) 433-9000 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is the agency active in community causes in San Antonio?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in San Antonio?