Are you doing reasearch to find cheaper auto insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio drivers have a choice when trying to find the best price on Hyundai Tiburon insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to compare prices or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Hyundai and find the cheapest rates.
Everyone knows that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best rates on Hyundai Tiburon insurance in San Antonio is why you’re here, understanding how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because auto insurance prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Hyundai Tiburon insurance in San Antonio a few years ago you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of information about Tiburon insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to put money back in your pocket.
Lowering your Hyundai Tiburon insurance rates can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes from some recommended companies.
The following companies offer free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Six discounts for cheaper car insurance rates
Some providers don’t always publicize every possible discount very well, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course in defensive driver is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for cheaper prices.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in San Antonio can help you save on car insurance because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include federal employee, good student, seat belt use, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including paid in full, student away at school, multiple vehicles, teen driver, mature driver, air bags, and group or association.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, good student, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and good driver.
- Esurance has discounts for Switch & Save, anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, online quote, good driver, and emergency road assistance.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, driver’s education, student away at school, accident-free, and good driver.
- AAA includes discounts for good student, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-car.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your state. For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
A lot of people prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in San Antonio.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in San Antonio that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Different types of car insurance agents in San Antonio
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you include a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in San Antonio that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Toubin Insurance Agency
7410 Blanco Rd #385 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 446-0109 – View Map
- San Antonio Insurance Agency
1100 NE Interstate 410 Loop – San Antonio, TX 78209 – (210) 822-2590 – View Map
- Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 593-8935 – View Map
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are San Antonio exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Jeff Ellis – State Farm Insurance Agent
16350 Blanco Rd #115 – San Antonio, TX 78232 – (210) 641-7711 – View Map
- Terry Padilla – State Farm Insurance Agent
6633 S Zarzamora – San Antonio, TX 78211 – (210) 932-3399 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8910 Bandera Rd #110 – San Antonio, TX 78250 – (210) 673-2391 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in San Antonio will have answers to these questions.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How long has their agency been in business in San Antonio?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Upon getting good feedback to all your questions and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
Car insurance coverages for a Hyundai Tiburon
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your Tiburon resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Tiburon to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for hospital visits, doctor visits and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Tiburon.
Since many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, hitting a bird and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, attorney fees, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Hyundai Tiburon insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in San Antonio, Texas? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)