Would you like to buy more affordable Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in San Antonio? Have you finally had enough of scraping nickels together to pay high insurance rates every month? You are no different than many other vehicle owners in Texas.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who perform rate comparisons will most likely move their business because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A study showed that people who shopped around saved $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is your goal, then having an understanding of how to find companies and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Big companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s smart to check insurance prices before your policy renews because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best rates on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in San Antonio a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. There are lots of tips to save on Shelby GT350 insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some solid techniques on how to stop overpaying for insurance in San Antonio.
It’s important to know that more quotes provides better odds of finding lower pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so you should also compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Ford Shelby GT350 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in San Antonio
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could earn discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in San Antonio may earn a discount on your next insurance statement.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Shelby GT350 is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from San Antonio attending college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood San Antonio car insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in San Antonio that provide free San Antonio car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Where are claims handled?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in San Antonio can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in San Antonio who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to compare prices from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are San Antonio independent agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 593-8935 – View Map
Quote more to save more
Cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in San Antonio can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote San Antonio car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Car Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)