Purchasing discount San Antonio Chevy Spark EV insurance quotes can seem to be rather challenging for consumers that are relatively new to buying their auto insurance on the web. With such a large number of companies, how are we expected to efficiently compare every company in order to find the best available price?
A recent auto insurance study revealed that about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Consumers in the U.S. could save 46.5% every year, but they don't believe the big savings they would realize if they switched.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in San Antonio can initially seem challenging. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. But Texas vehicle owners do need to know the methods companies use to compete online and apply this information to your search.
When quoting car insurance, remember that having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Spark EV insurance, paying for car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Spark EV, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $800 each year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance rates
Some providers do not advertise all discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Memberships - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a San Antonio car insurance quote.
- Senior Discount - Older drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a San Antonio car insurance quote.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on the web.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, driver's education, multiple policy, student away at school, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, bundle discounts, youthful driver, homeowner, good student, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for company car, multiple vehicles, teen driver, air bags, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and group or association.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including 55 and retired, good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, and youthful driver.
- USAA offers discounts for defensive driver, new vehicle, good student, multi-vehicle, and military installation.
Before buying, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered everywhere. To choose insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in San Antonio, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but still have a local San Antonio insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in San Antonio should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you're trying to find local San Antonio agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand name rather than low price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Antonio who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Jaime Luna - State Farm Insurance Agent
9719 Poteet Jourdanton Fwy Ste 103 - San Antonio, TX 78211 - (210) 927-5862 - View Map
- Lisa Ybarbo - State Farm Insurance Agent
803 Castroville Rd #128 - San Antonio, TX 78237 - (210) 434-2711 - View Map
- Chuck Laubach - State Farm Insurance Agent
14425 Brook Hollow Blvd Suite 101 - San Antonio, TX 78232 - (210) 494-7695 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with companies you've never heard of which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in San Antonio that are able to give price quotes.
- Toubin Insurance Agency
7410 Blanco Rd #385 - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 446-0109 - View Map
- IBC Insurance Agency Ltd
5300 Walzem Rd - San Antonio, TX 78218 - (210) 646-9870 - View Map
- San Antonio Insurance Agency
1100 NE Interstate 410 Loop - San Antonio, TX 78209 - (210) 822-2590 - View Map
If you receive good feedback as well as cheap Spark EV insurance quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide insurance.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Chevy Spark EV insurance premium rates in San Antonio. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Cheaper Chevy Spark EV insurance in San Antonio is possible on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for College Students in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tundra in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Good Students in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)