Would you like to buy cheaper Buick Verano insurance in San Antonio? Locating low-cost insurance for a new or used Buick Verano in Texas can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Buick and locate the lowest price either online or from San Antonio insurance agents.
You should make it a habit to compare rates before your policy renews because prices change regularly. If you had the lowest price on Buick Verano insurance in San Antonio two years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're about to find out the best way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Buick Verano insurance in San Antonio.
Getting a cheaper price on Buick Verano insurance is not a difficult process. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Companies offer many discounts on Buick Verano insurance in San Antonio
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there's a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a San Antonio car insurance quote.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles could qualify for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Paper-free Discount - A handful of larger companies will give you a small discount shop San Antonio car insurance on your computer.
- Drivers Education - Have your child successfully complete driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, air bags, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for annual mileage, professional/association, anti-theft, good student, good driver, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including business and professional, switch companies, mature driver, pay in full, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for multiple vehicles, safe driver, paperless, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, newly retired, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, new graduate, preferred payment discount, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- USAA has discounts for annual mileage, new vehicle, safe driver, vehicle storage, good student, and driver training.
When comparing rates, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be offered on policies everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click this link.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though San Antonio Verano insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Buick, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick for a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Buick but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Don't assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Does my Buick Verano need full coverage?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood San Antonio car insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent. Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in San Antonio who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agents that you can select. San Antonio agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can write policy coverage, but it's important to point out how they differ because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following are San Antonio exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Gary Kennedy - State Farm Insurance Agent
3029 S WW White Rd - San Antonio, TX 78222 - (210) 337-1786 - View Map
- Gregg Gandy - State Farm Insurance Agent
13421 Blanco Rd - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 492-0314 - View Map
- Alex Post - State Farm Insurance Agent
2602 North Loop 1604 W #108 - San Antonio, TX 78248 - (210) 479-2539 - View Map
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in San Antonio that are able to give price quote information.
- Atlas Insurance Agency,Inc
1954 SW Military Dr - San Antonio, TX 78221 - (210) 927-2277 - View Map
- Ellis Insurance Agency
15335 San Pedro Ave - San Antonio, TX 78232 - (210) 979-9000 - View Map
- Mesquite Insurance Agency
501 W Quincy St - San Antonio, TX 78212 - (210) 472-3034 - View Map
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other people or property. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as funeral expenses, loss of income, legal defense fees and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Buick Verano.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Verano resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Verano to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, falling objects and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, ambulance fees, hospital visits and chiropractic care. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay