Do you want to learn to get lower-priced insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Chevy Silverado insurance. You can either spend your time driving around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Chevy and obtain the lowest possible price.
Affordable companies for Chevy Silverado insurance
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Detailed insurance information
The rate table shown next outlines estimates of insurance prices for Chevy Silverado models. Learning how insurance policy premiums are determined is important for drivers to make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$318||$598||$582||$34||$174||$1,706||$142|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$318||$598||$514||$30||$154||$1,614||$135|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$364||$728||$582||$34||$174||$1,882||$157|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$364||$728||$582||$34||$174||$1,882||$157|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$364||$728||$514||$30||$154||$1,790||$149|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$364||$728||$514||$30||$154||$1,790||$149|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$364||$728||$582||$34||$174||$1,882||$157|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$364||$728||$582||$34||$174||$1,882||$157|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$410||$858||$582||$34||$174||$2,058||$172|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$410||$858||$582||$34||$174||$2,058||$172|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$410||$858||$582||$34||$174||$2,058||$172|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$410||$858||$582||$34||$174||$2,058||$172|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$410||$988||$514||$30||$154||$2,096||$175|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$458||$988||$514||$30||$154||$2,144||$179|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase price quotes significantly.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There isn’t a steadfast formula for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy Silverado settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help determine your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower rates.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Liability protection is critical – The liability section of your policy provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
More performance means more cost – The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on low performance passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The next chart uses these variables: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Chevrolet Silverado insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
Youthful drivers cost more – More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Accidents cost more than a fine – Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to bad drivers. Only having one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. People who have dangerous tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims raise Chevy Silverado annual premium costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevy Silverado insurance loss data – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Silverado vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Chevrolet Silverado Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Some insurance providers do not list every discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you. If you’re not getting every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from San Antonio without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy may allow you to get substantially lower prices.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below compares Chevy Silverado auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, multi-policy, defensive driver, seat belt use, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
- 21st Century may include discounts for homeowners, good student, theft prevention, 55 and older, and student driver.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multi-car, good student, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in San Antonio. To choose companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in San Antonio, click here.
What if I want to buy from local San Antonio insurance agencies?
Some consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important particularly in San Antonio.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in San Antonio that can give you free San Antonio car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in San Antonio are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Antonio who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- San Antonio Insurance Agency
1100 NE Interstate 410 Loop – San Antonio, TX 78209 – (210) 822-2590 – View Map
- Affordable Health Insurance Agency, LLC
7330 San Pedro Ave #150 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 738-3537 – View Map
- Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd – San Antonio, TX 78230 – (210) 693-1501 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are San Antonio exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Tom Fladd – State Farm Insurance Agent
9023 Huebner Rd #108 – San Antonio, TX 78240 – (210) 684-5253 – View Map
- Juan Garcia – State Farm Insurance Agent
2, 407 N Zarzamora – San Antonio, TX 78207 – (210) 438-5826 – View Map
- Mary Ellen Jablonski – State Farm Insurance Agent
2606 TPC Pkwy #107 – San Antonio, TX 78259 – (210) 829-1778 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How long have they been in business?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Upon getting positive responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers or even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is easier than you think.
When you buy San Antonio car insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced insurance in San Antonio is definitely available both online and with local San Antonio insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Felons in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Car Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Mazda CX-7 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)