Do you want to learn to get low-cost auto insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio buyers have lots of choices when searching for the lowest priced Chevy Bolt insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for your Chevy and locate the cheapest rates either online or from San Antonio insurance agents.
You need to compare premium rates yearly because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best rates on Chevy Bolt insurance in San Antonio last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Their Insurance Premiums
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are most of the major factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Lots of insurers apply better rates to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Where you reside – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when buying insurance. City drivers have more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Battle of the sexes – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes have auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Lower coverage deductibles cost more – The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims are rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a significant other can actually save you money compared to being single. Having a spouse translates into being more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
Many insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive make it easy to get prices online. This process doesn’t take a lot of time because you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. After you complete the form, the system automatically orders your credit score and driving record and generates a price.
Getting online quotes for Chevy Bolt insurance in San Antonio helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the lowest payment on insurance.
To save time and compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the coverage information just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you are getting a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Bolt insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Texas overpays as much as $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there may be some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but a few must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow companies to track driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Anti-theft System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of auto insurance companies with discount rates in Texas, click here.
Local San Antonio insurance agents and car insurance
A lot of people would rather talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Most agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is emailed to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Insurance agent types
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agents in San Antonio can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it is important to understand how they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Listed below are San Antonio exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Tom Fladd – State Farm Insurance Agent
9023 Huebner Rd #108 – San Antonio, TX 78240 – (210) 684-5253 – View Map
- State Farm: John Pitre
825 W Bitters Rd #105 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 514-1083 – View Map
- Enrique Enriquez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8359 Perrin Beitel Rd – San Antonio, TX 78218 – (210) 967-8669 – View Map
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in San Antonio who can help you get price quotes.
- IBC Insurance Agency Ltd
5300 Walzem Rd – San Antonio, TX 78218 – (210) 646-9870 – View Map
- San Antonio Insurance Agency
1100 NE Interstate 410 Loop – San Antonio, TX 78209 – (210) 822-2590 – View Map
- Mesquite Insurance Agency
501 W Quincy St – San Antonio, TX 78212 – (210) 472-3034 – View Map
Affordable auto insurance rates are available
We just showed you many ways to compare Chevy Bolt insurance premium rates in San Antonio. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Bolt rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers or policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in the articles below:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tundra in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)