Do you get exhausted from robbing Peter to pay Paul to keep your car insured? You have the same problem as most other consumers in Texas.
Astonishing but true, almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Texas drivers could save themselves $1,800 a year, but they just don't want to shop around.
Numerous insurers battle for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the best coverage at the lowest rate possible on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in San Antonio.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best deal on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in San Antonio last year you can probably find a better price now. You'll find a ton of advice on Jetta insurance on the web, but in this article, you're going to get some proven techniques to quit paying high auto insurance rates in San Antonio.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Jetta insurance in San Antonio with discounts
Car insurance companies don't always advertise all discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a San Antonio auto insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a driver safety class may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote San Antonio auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a slight reduction on a San Antonio auto insurance quote.
- New Vehicle Savings - Putting insurance on a new Jetta can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it's just not the way it works. But any discount will reduce the premium cost.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurers who offer free Volkswagen Jetta insurance quotes in San Antonio, click this link.
The majority of larger companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get price estimates direct online. Comparing prices online for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in San Antonio is very simple as you just enter your personal and coverage information on the page. After you submit the form the company's rating system will order credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on these and other factors. Using the web to get rates for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in San Antonio makes comparing rates easy, and it's necessary to perform this step in order to get the lowest auto insurance rates.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will receive comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in San Antonio, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Volkswagen Jetta insurance statistics and information
The coverage information shown next highlights different coverage costs for Volkswagen Jetta models. Being able to understand how policy premiums are determined is important for making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$392||$400||$24||$120||$1,142||$95|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$206||$392||$340||$20||$102||$1,060||$88|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$392||$400||$24||$120||$1,142||$95|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$232||$462||$340||$20||$102||$1,156||$96|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$232||$462||$340||$20||$102||$1,156||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in garaging location in San Antonio which can lower or raise prices considerably.
Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Premiums Can Be Cheaper
When buying car insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that help determine your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are not as apparent like where you live or your commute time.
- Theft deterrents systems cut car insurance rates - Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- More people means more accidents - Being located in less populated areas has definite advantages when it comes to car insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
- Too many policy claims will drive rates up - Insurance companies in Texas give the best rates to people who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The make and model of the car you drive makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Small economy passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The following chart is based on a single female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Volkswagen Jetta rates compared to other models that have a range of performance risks.
- Job can influence prices - Jobs such as doctors, air traffic controllers, and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average because of intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Prices impacted by vehicle usage - Driving more miles every year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Vehicles that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It's always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating reflects the correct driver usage. Improper usage on your Jetta is throwing money out the window.
Poor driving habits means higher premiums - Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Just one ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have severe tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can raise Volkswagen Jetta insurance costs for different age categories. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance loss data for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles - Insurance companies study historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that tend to have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the historical loss data for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Jetta 110 118 93 113 123 127 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 128 121 114 104BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local San Antonio car insurance agents and auto insurance
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in San Antonio who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Two different types of car insurance agents
When searching for local San Antonio agents, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are San Antonio exclusive agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are independent agencies in San Antonio that are able to give rate quotes.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr - San Antonio, TX 78221 - (210) 593-8935 - View Map
Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd - San Antonio, TX 78230 - (210) 693-1501 - View Map
Upon receiving good feedback to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen Jetta in San Antonio, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volkswagen, most banks will force you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your Volkswagen Jetta and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
More affordable auto insurance in San Antonio is available online and also from your neighborhood San Antonio agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
We just covered a lot of techniques to shop for Volkswagen Jetta insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best prices are with the smaller companies. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)