Having to pay for overpriced Subaru Crosstrek insurance in San Antonio can stress out your savings and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing rate quotes can help to tighten up your finances.
Shocking but true, the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Texas insurance shoppers could save about 70% a year, but most just don't grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched.
You have multiple insurers to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in San Antonio.
It's a good idea to do price comparisons on a regular basis because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest rate on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in San Antonio a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the quickest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Don't overlook these Subaru Crosstrek insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- E-sign Discounts - A handful of companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Subaru can earn cheaper rates.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next auto insurance statement.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. But any discount will bring down your premiums.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for pay in full, youthful driver, good student, business and professional, teen driver, bundle discounts, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, driver training, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple policy, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for good student, newly retired, new move discount, newly married, multi-policy, and preferred payment discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your state. To find insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here to view.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes helps locate the best price.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance for Less
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Filing claims can cost more - Insurance companies in Texas generally give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Don't skimp on liability - Liability coverage kicks in if a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Do men or women drive better? - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don't assume that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Never let your auto insurance policy lapse - Letting your insurance expire can be a guaranteed way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Being married pays dividends - Having a spouse can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. It translates into being more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Keep the miles off and save - The more miles you rack up on your Subaru in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle's coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct usage. Improper usage on your Crosstrek may be costing you higher rates.
- Increase coverage deductibles to save - The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Vocation stress can affect prices - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupational choices like doctors, business owners, and stock brokers usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress and long work hours. Conversely, professions such as professors, athletes and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Local agents and auto insurance
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in San Antonio who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in San Antonio should have no problem answering these questions:
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Two types of San Antonio auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agencies in San Antonio are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in San Antonio that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you include a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in San Antonio willing to provide comparison quotes.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr - San Antonio, TX 78221 - (210) 593-8935 - View Map
Mesquite Insurance Agency
501 W Quincy St - San Antonio, TX 78212 - (210) 472-3034 - View Map
Upon receiving positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though San Antonio Crosstrek insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Subaru has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Subaru for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Smart consumers save more
We covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper San Antonio car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance in San Antonio can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don't offer internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are San Antonio Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Antonio Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)