Are you looking for a better way to compare lower-priced Dodge Neon insurance in San Antonio? Think you have overpriced Dodge Neon insurance in San Antonio? Believe me when I say there are many San Antonio consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
Sad but true, most auto insurance buyers in Texas kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. American drivers could save 47% every year just by shopping around, but they just feel it's too hard to compare other rate quotes. Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually hit you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the corporate glitz and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
The most recommended method to compare rates for Dodge Neon insurance in San Antonio utilizes the fact most insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as if you went to college, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, whether you are single or married, and how many miles driven. That rating data is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and you will get price comparisons quickly.
To check rates for your Dodge Neon now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in San Antonio.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in San Antonio, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Memberships - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims before the accident.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Distant College Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Neon insurance in San Antonio.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to study where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
If you would like to view companies that offer multiple discounts in San Antonio, click here to view.
How You Can Control Dodge Neon Insurance Rates
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- A policy lapse is a bad thing - Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount - Most insurers will give lower prices for people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you're getting this discount it's still a good idea to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Keep car insurance rates low by being claim-free - Auto insurance companies in Texas award discounts to people who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Save money with responsible credit - Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Neon by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Urban residents pay more - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it's advantages when talking about car insurance. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated Texas areas regularly have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.