Did you come to the realization that you have an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
Sadly, a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never shopped around. Texas insurance shoppers could cut their rates by $1,766 a year, but they just don't understand how much money they would save if they bought a different policy. Since vehicle owners have many different company options, it is very difficult to choose a more affordable insurer.
It's a good idea to price shop coverage at least once a year because car insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rate on Subaru BRZ insurance in San Antonio two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we're going to show you the fastest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
The goal of this article is to teach you how to compare rates easily and also pocket some savings If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. Smart buyers just need to understand the proper methods to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
Cheapest companies for Subaru BRZ insurance in Texas
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Subaru BRZ insurance discounts in San Antonio
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies reward drivers for switching companies before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy San Antonio auto insurance online.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get cheaper rates.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to study when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Progressive discounts include online signing, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, early shopping, distant student, alternative fuel, good student, pay in full, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-vehicle, driver training, safe driver, renewal discount, good student, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, driver's education, safe vehicle, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, air bags, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for homeowner, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new graduate, good student, teen driver discount, new move discount, new vehicle discount, newly married, and newly retired.
When getting free San Antonio auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be available everywhere.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Many factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
- Drivers with high credit save - Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. If your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Subaru BRZ by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit.
- Limits of liability insurance - The liability section of your policy kicks in when you are found to be at fault for an accident. It provides for a legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Single drivers take more risk - Being married may earn you lower rates when buying insurance. It is viewed as being more stable financially and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Job stress can affect rates - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and accountants tend to have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as professors, students and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Gender is a factor - The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Males and females cause accidents in similar numbers, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Loss probability for a Subaru BRZ - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Subaru BRZ vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Subaru BRZ Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru BRZ 156 78 150 87 88 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local San Antonio car insurance agents
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in San Antonio.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in San Antonio who will give you bids for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in San Antonio should be willing to answer these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
After receiving positive responses as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located an insurer that is professional and can adequately provide insurance.
Smart consumers save more
When getting San Antonio auto insurance quotes online, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price.
Discount Subaru BRZ insurance in San Antonio can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood San Antonio agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Versa in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)