How long has it been since you compared quotes for more affordable Lincoln LS insurance in San Antonio? Are you burned out from sacrificing to buy auto insurance? You have the same problem as millions of other drivers.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around for better prices will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey found that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $860 a year compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Lincoln LS insurance in San Antonio is your goal, then having a grasp of how to shop and compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier. Numerous insurers battle for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to discover the definitive best rate on Lincoln LS insurance in San Antonio.
Buy San Antonio Lincoln LS insurance online
Finding a lower price on insurance is a fairly straight forward process. Just invest a little time comparing rate quotes from some recommended companies.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to go to and from local San Antonio insurance agencies. Comparing Lincoln LS insurance rates online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for buying a policy early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may qualify for better insurance rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Lincoln LS insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for youthful driver, alternative fuel, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-policy, driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, accident-free, driver’s education, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, multi-policy, air bags, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, drive less, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new graduate, safety features, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, and multi-car.
When getting free San Antonio auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in San Antonio. To see a list of companies that offer discounts in San Antonio, click here.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
Bump up deductibles to lower rates – Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Lincoln. Some examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Females tend to cost less – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
Save by driving less – The higher the miles on your Lincoln each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your LS is just wasting money.
Drive a fast car and pay more – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Lower cost passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Cut auto insurance rates and deter theft – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
Vocation impacts premiums – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupational choices like fire fighters, airline pilots, and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, professions such as professors, students and homemakers pay the least.
Careless drivers pay higher prices – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise substantially. Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to file a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.