Want cheaper Dodge Magnum insurance in San Antonio? Are you irritated from robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers.
It’s hard to believe, but over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Texas insurance shoppers could save almost 70% every year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to go online and compare rates.
Lots of insurers contend for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to discover the definitive best rate on Dodge Magnum insurance in San Antonio.
It’s a good idea to compare prices periodically because car insurance rates change regularly. Even if you got the lowest premium rates on Dodge Magnum insurance in San Antonio last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to show you the quickest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using this information. Locating the best rates in San Antonio is quite easy. But Texas vehicle owners should learn the way insurance companies set your policy premium because it varies considerably.
Companies offering Dodge Magnum insurance in Texas
The following companies can provide price quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get cheaper rates by getting discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before being credited.
- Student in College – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from San Antonio and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their San Antonio auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- San Antonio Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in San Antonio may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your overall premium however.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, good driver, multiple policy, driver’s education, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, anti-theft, federal employee, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for early signing, defensive driver, good payer, premier discount, eSmart discount, and senior citizen.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, youthful driver, driver training, renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, and anti-theft.
When getting free San Antonio auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in San Antonio. To view providers with the best discounts in San Antonio, click here to view.
Four Things That Affect Your Insurance Rates
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in cheaper rates.
- High credit scores save money – Your credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Magnum by repairing your credit. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
- Performance influences prices – The performance level of the car you drive makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- With age comes responsibility – Older insureds are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Higher rates for policy lapses – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper auto insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in San Antonio.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in San Antonio that provide free San Antonio auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents in San Antonio are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in San Antonio who may provide rate quotes.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 593-8935 – View Map
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are San Antonio exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Finding a good auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How long has their agency been in business in San Antonio?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How are claims handled?
Car insurance savings summarized
We just presented a lot of ways to lower your Dodge Magnum insurance rates in San Antonio. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. These companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-friendly car insurance in San Antonio can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More information is available below:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)