Saving money on Chevy Cobalt insurance in San Antonio is always kind of frustrating for drivers not familiar with online rate comparisons. With so many online companies available, it can easily be a ton of work to lower your prices on Chevy Cobalt insurance.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who rate shop once a year are inclined to move their business because the odds are good of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved about $860 a year compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is your intention, then knowing the best ways to shop for coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
These discounts can cut Chevy Cobalt insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every policy discount very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy San Antonio car insurance online.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a defensive driver course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Distant Student Discount – Children living away from San Antonio attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could qualify for slightly better prices than normal.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow data collection to look at their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will bring down your overall bill.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Cobalt insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies who might offer most of these discounts possibly include:
Check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in every state.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Chevy Cobalt insurance in San Antonio is to understand most of the larger companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as if it has an anti-theft system, distance driven, how you use your vehicles, and if the car is leased. Your rating data is submitted instantly to insurance companies and you get price estimates immediately.
To find lower cheaper Chevy Cobalt insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in San Antonio.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Chevy Cobalt insurance rates and statistics
The coverage table displayed below highlights estimates of insurance premium costs for Chevy Cobalt models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are figured can assist in making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cobalt LS 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$462||$440||$26||$132||$1,262||$105|
|Cobalt XFE 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$462||$440||$26||$132||$1,262||$105|
|Cobalt LS 2-Dr Coupe||$232||$462||$486||$28||$146||$1,354||$113|
|Cobalt XFE 2-Dr Coupe||$232||$462||$486||$28||$146||$1,354||$113|
|Cobalt LT 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$462||$440||$26||$132||$1,292||$108|
|Cobalt LT 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$462||$486||$28||$146||$1,384||$115|
|Cobalt SS Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$292||$602||$486||$28||$146||$1,554||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in San Antonio which can affect price quotes significantly.
Reckless driving habits raise insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can influence Chevy Cobalt insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Cobalt insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no exact rule of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy Cobalt settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Exclusive and independent insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is still important in San Antonio.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in San Antonio who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in San Antonio that may be able to give price quote information.
- Grona Boles Martin Bloxsom Insurance Agency
800 Isom Rd # 100 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 366-5094 – View Map
- A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd – San Antonio, TX 78237 – (210) 434-2311 – View Map
- Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd – San Antonio, TX 78230 – (210) 693-1501 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Antonio willing to provide rate quotes.
- Betsy Dippo – State Farm Insurance Agent
19190 Stone Oak Pkwy #112 – San Antonio, TX 78258 – (210) 496-3276 – View Map
- State Farm: John Pitre
825 W Bitters Rd #105 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 514-1083 – View Map
- Gregg Gandy – State Farm Insurance Agent
13421 Blanco Rd – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 492-0314 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Before buying a policy in San Antonio, get answers to these questions.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is there a local claims center in San Antonio?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Cheaper coverage is out there
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices or even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company can be less work than you think.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to reduce Chevy Cobalt insurance premium rates online in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more you quote San Antonio car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost San Antonio car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with an unexpected company.
When searching for affordable Chevrolet Cobalt insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Antonio Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Antonio Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)