How long has it been since the last time you looked for the cheapest Cadillac SRX insurance in San Antonio? If you are new to online price comparisons, by this point your are probably bewildered because of the huge number insurance agents and companies vying for business in San Antonio.
It's easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who shopped around every year saved approximately $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is the reason you're here, then knowing how to find companies and compare auto insurance can make shopping around easier.
You need to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal because insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the best deal on Cadillac SRX insurance in San Antonio at your last renewal you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're going to learn one of the easiest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you currently have auto insurance, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the concepts covered in this article. The intent of this article is to let you in on how to effectively get price quotes and also save some money in the process Although Texas vehicle owners do need to understand how companies determine prices because it varies considerably.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Cadillac SRX insurance in San Antonio
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that may be available. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- San Antonio Homeowners Discount - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Active Military Service - Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Student in College - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Telematics Data - San Antonio drivers who agree to allow their company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way. But all discounts will lower your premiums.
The information below compares Cadillac SRX insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, seat belt use, good student, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has discounts for drive less, anti-theft, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, anti-theft, multiple policy, and driver's education.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good student.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for automatic seat belts, driver training, student driver, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in San Antonio, follow this link.
Most companies allow you to get coverage price quotes on their websites. Getting online quotes for Cadillac SRX insurance in San Antonio is easy for anyone as you just type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote determined by many factors.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it's necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get the best insurance rates.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will receive comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage information displayed next highlights estimates of rate quotes for Cadillac SRX models. Having a better understanding of how insurance prices are formulated is important for drivers to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SRX Luxury 2WD||$318||$828||$430||$26||$128||$1,730||$144|
|SRX Luxury AWD||$318||$828||$430||$26||$128||$1,730||$144|
|SRX Performance 2WD||$354||$828||$430||$26||$128||$1,766||$147|
|SRX Performance AWD||$354||$828||$430||$26||$128||$1,766||$147|
|SRX Premium 2WD||$354||$828||$430||$26||$128||$1,766||$147|
|SRX Premium AWD||$354||$828||$430||$26||$128||$1,766||$147|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location which can lower or raise premium rates considerably.
Impact of careless driving on San Antonio auto insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how violations and accident claims can drive up Cadillac SRX auto insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Eight Tips to Get Cheaper San Antonio Insurance Premiums
It's important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining your insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are more obscure like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- The more you drive the more you pay - The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies price each vehicle's coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. It's a good idea to make sure your insurance coverage correctly shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your SRX is throwing money out the window.
Does car insurance cost more for men? - Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Males and females have fender benders in similar numbers, but males cause more damage. Men also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
The diagram below compares Cadillac SRX car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Do you know you're credit rating? - A driver's credit rating factor in your rate calculation. People that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit scores. If your credit score is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Cadillac SRX by repairing your credit.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles - The make and model of the car or truck you drive makes a big difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for the lowest performance passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The data below is based on a married female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Cadillac SRX rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
- Theft deterrents lowers rates - Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
Teenage drivers cost more - More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers are known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Rural areas have lower prices - Choosing to live in areas with lower population can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- High comp and collision deductibles save money - Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage from wind. The more you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Cadillac SRX insurance claim data - Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Cadillac SRX vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Cadillac SRX Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac SRX 4dr 2WD 103 101 84 80 82 91 Cadillac SRX 4dr 4WD 109 106 103 78 75 83BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying car insurance from San Antonio insurance agents
Many people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in San Antonio.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Listed below are San Antonio insurers that are able to give comparison quotes for Cadillac SRX insurance in San Antonio.
- Raul Benavides III - State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 San Pedro Ave #135 - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 824-5724 - View Map
- B J Kohutek Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
7863 Callaghan Rd #105 - San Antonio, TX 78229 - (210) 616-0662 - View Map
- Sonia Flores - State Farm Insurance Agent
3103 SE Military Dr #102 - San Antonio, TX 78223 - (210) 333-1030 - View Map
- Tim Lucas State Farm Insurance Agent
21790 Bulverde Rd, 101 - San Antonio, TX 78259 - (210) 494-6700 - View Map
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How are they compensated?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an provider that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though San Antonio SRX insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Cadillac SRX, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Cadillac at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper car insurance is out there
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your Cadillac SRX insurance rates in San Antonio. It's most important to understand that the more you quote San Antonio auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.
There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Discount Cadillac SRX insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in San Antonio, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices or questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas is located at the links below
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Antonio Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Active Military in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)