Would you like to stop wasting money and find cheaper auto insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio consumers have options when looking for low-cost BMW 535i insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to get price quotes on a BMW and get the cheapest rates either online or from San Antonio insurance agents.
The companies shown below provide quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Affordable San Antonio car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on your computer.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current 535i insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new 535i can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers could receive reduced rates.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below shows the comparison of BMW 535i insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- 21st Century has savings for air bags, driver training, defensive driver, homeowners, good student, and theft prevention.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple autos, good student, good driver, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, good driver, pay-in-full, good student, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for good student, newly retired, safety features, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area.
Coverage statistics and figures
The premium information shown next showcases detailed analysis of prices for BMW 535i models. Knowing how auto insurance policy rates are calculated can assist in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|535I 4-Dr Sedan||$390||$890||$400||$24||$120||$1,824||$152|
|535I xDrive Station Wagon||$390||$890||$400||$24||$120||$1,824||$152|
|535I GT 4-Dr Sedan||$390||$890||$400||$24||$120||$1,824||$152|
|535I xDrive 4-Dr Sedan||$428||$890||$400||$24||$120||$1,862||$155|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in your specific San Antonio location which can influence prices substantially.
Age-based car insurance rates by gender in San Antonio
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of BMW 535i insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below illustrates the difference between BMW 535i insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your BMW 535i replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $600 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Should I talk to a local insurance agent?
A small number of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower prices but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information gets sent to participating agents in San Antonio that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand why they differ because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Agents of this type work for only one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in San Antonio who may provide you with price quotes.
- Joe Trevino – State Farm Insurance Agent
4951 De Zavala Rd – San Antonio, TX 78249 – (210) 694-0866 – View Map
- Terry Padilla – State Farm Insurance Agent
6633 S Zarzamora – San Antonio, TX 78211 – (210) 932-3399 – View Map
- Tom Fladd – State Farm Insurance Agent
9023 Huebner Rd #108 – San Antonio, TX 78240 – (210) 684-5253 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Antonio that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd – San Antonio, TX 78230 – (210) 693-1501 – View Map
- Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 593-8935 – View Map
- Ellis Insurance Agency
15335 San Pedro Ave – San Antonio, TX 78232 – (210) 979-9000 – View Map
Protect your BMW vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your BMW, almost all lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your BMW at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects your BMW and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverages – This protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things like repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, legal defense fees, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your 535i resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your 535i in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as vandalism, falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as prosthetic devices, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses and dental work. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Shop smart and save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price.
Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers only sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced BMW 535i insurance in San Antonio can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)