Do you need a better way to compare cheaper Toyota Yaris insurance in San Antonio? Feeling guilty for buying an expensive auto insurance policy? It’s quite common and there are lots of people in the same boat.
A study showed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Texas could cut their rates by roughly 70% a year, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
Since vehicle owners have many options for buying cheaper insurance for a Toyota Yaris in San Antonio, it is very difficult to find the best insurance company.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates as often as possible because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest rate on Toyota Yaris insurance in San Antonio at your last renewal you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There are lots of tips to save on Yaris insurance online but I’m going to show you the easiest ways to buy auto insurance cheaper in San Antonio.
Buying the cheapest insurance in San Antonio is not rocket science. If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the concepts covered in this article. Nevertheless, Texas car owners do need to understand how companies calculate your insurance rates and use it to find better rates.
The majority of larger companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide price estimates on their websites. The process doesn’t take much effort because you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. Once you submit the form, their system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the best rate possible.
To compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you will be getting comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in San Antonio, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The premium information displayed next covers estimates of policy rates for Toyota Yaris models. Learning how rates are determined is important for you to make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$124||$266||$414||$24||$124||$952||$79|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$124||$266||$366||$22||$110||$888||$74|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$266||$366||$22||$110||$888||$74|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$142||$266||$414||$24||$124||$970||$81|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$142||$266||$366||$22||$110||$906||$76|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$266||$366||$22||$110||$906||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific San Antonio location which can revise premiums noticeably.
Toyota Yaris annual premiums for males versus females
The example below shows the comparison of Toyota Yaris annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Toyota Yaris car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a written rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota Yaris book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better car insurance rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new Yaris can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Yaris insurance in San Antonio.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive better car insurance rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below compares Toyota Yaris insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, multiple autos, accident-free, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, air bags, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, safe driver, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, distant student, teen driver, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, and switch companies.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, and education and occupation.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, new vehicle, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, good student, loyalty savings, and safe driver.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To find companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, click this link.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Toyota Yaris is totaled?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.