Dodge Challenger insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Scraping up a payment for expensive Dodge Challenger insurance in San Antonio can bottom out your funds and force you to prioritize other expenses.
Unimaginable but true, about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Many drivers in San Antonio can save nearly 70% each year, but they don't know how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
With people having so many options when it comes to insurance, it can be impossible to find the lowest price insurance company.
It's a great practice to do price comparisons on a regular basis since insurance prices change frequently. If you had the lowest price on Dodge Challenger insurance in San Antonio six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the best way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
It's important to know that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online San Antonio Challenger insurance quotes, so it's important to also get rates from them, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in San Antonio, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
The price information below covers different rate quotes for Dodge Challenger models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance policy rates are calculated helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in garaging location in San Antonio which can revise coverage prices significantly.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Dodge Challenger insurance rates for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Challenger insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Dodge Challenger car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There isn't a written rule of when to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Dodge Challenger replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $700 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Don't overlook these Dodge Challenger insurance discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get lower premium rates.
- Good Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Student in College - Kids who live away from home to go to college and don't have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Low Miles Discount - Low mileage vehicles can earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total Challenger insurance premium.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used Challenger is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Deterrent System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking time to complete a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
The example below compares Dodge Challenger yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
To find insurance companies who offer cheap Dodge Challenger insurance quotes in San Antonio in San Antonio, click here to view.
Protect your Challenger and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Dodge Challenger with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Challenger greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Does my Dodge Challenger need full coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free San Antonio auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer shouldn't rely on just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
If you want to use a reputable agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents in San Antonio can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in San Antonio who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, it's recommended you get several quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Antonio that are able to give rate quotes.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr - San Antonio, TX 78221 - (210) 593-8935 - View Map
After receiving positive responses for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel a policy at any time so don't think that you're stuck with any specific agency indefinitely.