How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for lower-priced Acura RLX insurance in San Antonio? Did a good deal turn out to be an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? Believe me, there are lots of people in the same boat.
We don't have to point out that fact that insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who compare price quotes will probably move their business because there are good odds of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the best rates on insurance in San Antonio is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about how to quote and compare insurance can save time and make the process easier. You have so many insurers to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in San Antonio can be made easier if you know where to look. If you already have coverage or need new coverage, use these techniques to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. Comparison shoppers just need to learn the quickest way to compare different rates using one simple form.
Most major insurance companies provide pricing direct online. This process is easy for anyone as you just enter your coverage information on the page. When the form is submitted, the company's rating system pulls credit information and your driving record and generates a price determined by many factors. Using the web to get rates for Acura RLX insurance in San Antonio makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the lowest payment possible.
To use this form to compare rates, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Get lower-cost Acura RLX insurance in San Antonio with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all their discounts very well, so the list below details both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- One Accident Forgiven - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Claim-Free Discount - San Antonio drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a course teaching driver safety skills can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow their insurance company to monitor where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
It's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, that's just not realistic.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, good student, multiple autos, student away at school, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for multi-car, business and professional, youthful driver, good student, and distant student.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, multi-policy, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include anti-theft, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, paid in full, air bags, safe vehicle, and group or association.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for good student, multi-policy, renewal discount, 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good student, military installation, loyalty savings, annual mileage, vehicle storage, and multi-vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in San Antonio. To choose insurance companies who offer cheap Acura RLX insurance quotes in San Antonio, click this link.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many drivers prefer to have an agent's advice and that is OK! Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you may find cheaper prices and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in San Antonio who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Where are claims handled?
- Where would glass claims be handled in San Antonio?
- How are they compensated?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When searching for a local San Antonio insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in San Antonio can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Antonio that are able to give price quote information.
Terry Padilla - State Farm Insurance Agent
6633 S Zarzamora - San Antonio, TX 78211 - (210) 932-3399 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in San Antonio willing to provide price quote information.
A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd - San Antonio, TX 78237 - (210) 434-2311 - View Map
Informed Drivers Can Save Money
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings.
Youthful drivers are expensive to insure - More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers have been known to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
Vehicle theft costs us all - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
Avoid auto insurance policy lapses - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
Do you know your deductibles? - Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Acura. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a broken side mirror, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more expense you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
A good credit rating can save money - An insured's credit history will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit. So if your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your Acura RLX by improving your rating.
Cheaper rates by bundling - Some insurance companies give discounts for people that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's always a smart idea to compare Acura RLX rates in San Antonio to make sure you are getting the best deal. It's possible to still save money by buying from different companies
Gender impacts costs - Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
Insurance losses for an Acura RLX - Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that historically have higher losses will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need quality insurance for your Acura RLX
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura RLX in San Antonio, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura with a loan, almost every bank will force you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Acura for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don't give up on cheap coverage
We just presented a lot of ways to compare Acura RLX insurance car insurance rates in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
When you buy San Antonio car insurance online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper insurance in San Antonio can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, so get free San Antonio car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
More learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Antonio Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)