Are you a victim of high-priced Audi A8 insurance in San Antonio? You’re preaching to the choir because there are many San Antonio drivers thinking the same thing.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who compare other rates will most likely switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $850 each year compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on Audi A8 insurance in San Antonio is your objective, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
Since you have so many options for buying cheap insurance for an Audi A8 in San Antonio, it can be difficult for drivers to locate the cheapest company.
Our objective is to familiarize you with how auto insurance companies operate and also pocket some savings If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts covered in this article. But Texas car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Low Cost companies for Audi A8 insurance in Texas
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Insurance coverage analysis
The rate information shown next highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Audi A8 models. Being aware of how rates are calculated can help you make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A8 4.2 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$550||$430||$26||$128||$1,370||$114|
|A8 4.2L Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$608||$430||$26||$128||$1,450||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in San Antonio location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates significantly.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Audi A8 insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The example below illustrates the difference between Audi A8 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below illustrates the difference between Audi A8 insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no written rule to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Audi A8 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Informed Consumers Can Lower Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Urban residents pay more – Having an address in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. People who live in big cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Your occupation is a factor – Careers like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers generally have higher average rates because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. Other careers such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Traffic violations can increase premiums – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Having a single ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have received careless violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can drive up Audi A8 auto insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Credit history impacts premium costs – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit scores. If your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Audi A8 if you improve your credit rating.
- What are good liability limits? – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if ever you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Combine policies with the same company – Some companies give lower prices for people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. It’s possible to still save more without the discount by splitting coverages up.
Prices go up with performance – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart assumes a married male driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Audi A8 policy rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performances.
Insurance loss statistics an Audi A8 – Insurance companies use data from past claims to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The data below shows the collected loss data for Audi A8 vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Audi A8 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A8 4dr 4WD 289 108 261 Audi A8L 4dr 4WD 300 88 279 62BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Score discounts to get cheaper San Antonio auto insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors could receive a small discount on rates.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Audi A8 premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, multiple policy, multiple autos, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, membership and employees, daytime running lights, military active duty, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include preferred payment discount, newly married, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, and multi-car.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, and air bag.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in San Antonio. To find insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here.
Auto insurance agents can help
Certain consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in San Antonio.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below is a short list of insurers in San Antonio that can give you comparison quotes for Audi A8 insurance in San Antonio.
Lisa Ybarbo – State Farm Insurance Agent
803 Castroville Rd #128 – San Antonio, TX 78237 – (210) 434-2711 – View Map
Diana Ybarra – State Farm Insurance Agent
420 Jackson Keller Rd – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 366-0086 – View Map
Picking an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is the agency active in community causes in San Antonio?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and comparing a policy for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is my trailer covered?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
We covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Audi A8 insurance premium rates in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost San Antonio car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)