Want to learn a better way to compare low-cost auto insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio drivers have many options when trying to find the lowest priced Audi A5 insurance. You can either spend your time calling around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Audi and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from San Antonio insurance agents.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes at least once a year because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best deal on Audi A5 insurance in San Antonio a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the quickest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Get Cheap Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine prices.
- Never allow your coverage to lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Don’t cut corners with liability protection – Liability insurance is the protection if you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Low comp and collision deductibles mean high premiums – Your deductibles define how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Vehicle features impact prices – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop car theft.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Audi A5 scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Your age impacts your premiums – Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations. Young drivers tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The data below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Drive lots and pay more – The more you drive annually the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated A5 may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy states the right rating data, because it can save money.
Audi A5 insurance loss data – Insurance companies use past insurance losses to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that historically have increased losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Audi A5 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Audi A5 Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A5 2dr 4WD 196 92 140 73 83 100 Audi A5 Convertible 4WD 147 73 140 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Audi A5 detailed coverage information
The data table shown below highlights estimates of insurance prices for Audi A5 models. Understanding more about how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$354||$828||$366||$22||$110||$1,680||$140|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$354||$828||$366||$22||$110||$1,680||$140|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$354||$936||$366||$22||$110||$1,788||$149|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$354||$936||$366||$22||$110||$1,788||$149|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$354||$936||$366||$22||$110||$1,788||$149|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$354||$936||$430||$26||$128||$1,874||$156|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$354||$936||$430||$26||$128||$1,874||$156|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$390||$936||$366||$22||$110||$1,824||$152|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$390||$936||$430||$26||$128||$1,910||$159|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$390||$936||$430||$26||$128||$1,910||$159|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$390||$1044||$366||$22||$110||$1,932||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can impact premium rates significantly.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Audi A5 insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accidents impact Audi A5 yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
San Antonio insurance discounts for an Audi A5
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there may be some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Memberships – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data submission to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current A5 insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote San Antonio car insurance but check with your company.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting car insurance coverage on a new A5 can save you some money since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below shows the comparison of Audi A5 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer cheap Audi A5 insurance quotes in San Antonio in San Antonio, follow this link.
One last thing to lower rates
When you buy San Antonio car insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you many ways to save on Audi A5 insurance in San Antonio. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive San Antonio car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Budget-friendly insurance in San Antonio can be sourced both online and from local agencies, so get free San Antonio car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Mazda CX-7 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)