How long has it been since you sat down and looked for low-cost auto insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio drivers have options when trying to find low-cost Chevy Sonic insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Chevy and get the best price possible from San Antonio insurance agents and online providers.
It's a good habit to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because auto insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Chevy Sonic insurance in San Antonio a year ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad information regarding Sonic insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you're going to learn a lot of great tips on how to find cheap auto insurance in San Antonio.
How to buy Chevy Sonic insurance in San Antonio, TX
Getting low cost insurance pricing can be relatively painless. Just spend a little time to compare rates online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Chevy and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Texas is wasting up to $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Earn discounts on San Antonio insurance
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your San Antonio car insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers may receive reduced rates.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good student, good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for accident-free, low natural disaster claims, good driver, anti-theft, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, and ease of repair.
- Nationwide may include discounts for defensive driving, easy pay, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- GEICO offers discounts for air bags, daytime running lights, driver training, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good student, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Discounts might not apply in San Antonio. If you would like to choose from a list of providers offering insurance discounts in San Antonio, click here.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is still important in San Antonio.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is submitted to companies in San Antonio who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won't even need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Exclusive and independent San Antonio car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a local San Antonio insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in San Antonio may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both properly insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, you need to include price quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Antonio who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- Grona Boles Martin Bloxsom Insurance Agency
800 Isom Rd # 100 - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 366-5094 - View Map
- Affordable Health Insurance Agency, LLC
7330 San Pedro Ave #150 - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 738-3537 - View Map
- San Antonio Insurance Agency
1100 NE Interstate 410 Loop - San Antonio, TX 78209 - (210) 822-2590 - View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are San Antonio exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Sonia Flores - State Farm Insurance Agent
3103 SE Military Dr #102 - San Antonio, TX 78223 - (210) 333-1030 - View Map
- David Swift - State Farm Insurance Agent
8201 Roughrider Dr - San Antonio, TX 78239 - (210) 655-0212 - View Map
- Kristin Sorensen - State Farm Insurance Agent
430 W Loop 1604 N Suite 112 - San Antonio, TX 78251 - (210) 682-1200 - View Map
Picking an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
How to know if you need help
When it comes to a policy, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might point out whether you could use an agent's help.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Chevy Sonic?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
In the end, you can save money
In this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Chevy Sonic insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. Some small companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Budget-conscious Chevy Sonic insurance can be purchased both online and with local San Antonio insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)