Are you tired of overpaying and want cheaper Acura ILX insurance in San Antonio? High-priced Acura ILX insurance in San Antonio can diminish your bank account and make it hard to pay other bills. Getting a rate comparison is a fast and free way to make ends meet.
Unbelievable but true, most car insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in San Antonio could save themselves nearly $1,770 a year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates and save money.
Many car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest cost out there.
It’s important to compare prices quite often due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best rate on Acura ILX insurance in San Antonio at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad information regarding ILX insurance online but you can learn some great ways to stop overpaying for insurance in San Antonio.
To find more affordable quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from different San Antonio insurance companies. The best way to compare Acura ILX insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to drive around to all the different San Antonio insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates the middleman unless you have a complicated situation and need the extra assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible to price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent. It’s important to know that comparing all the rates in your area increases your odds of finding the best offered rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so you should also compare rates from them as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in San Antonio, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Insurance is not optional in Texas
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Acura ILX, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Acura at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects your Acura and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Texas is overpaying over $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to save money.
What Impacts Acura ILX Insurance Rates?
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Don’t get traffic citations – Only having one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Lower rates for married couples – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. It is viewed as being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent car theft.
Your address can impact prices – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Gender impacts premiums – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes cause fender benders at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Companies in Texas award the lowest premiums to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Do you save by driving less? – The more you drive your Acura in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. An improperly rated ILX is just wasting money. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet is showing how each vehicle is driven.
Performance influences insurance rates – The performance level of the car or truck you drive makes a big difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
Acura ILX insurance loss statistics – Companies analyze the history of losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Acura ILX vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper rates by applying discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a San Antonio auto insurance quote.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy cost.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and air bag.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, mySafetyValet, early bird, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and good student.
- Travelers offers discounts including multi-car, IntelliDrive, home ownership, good student, early quote, driver training, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, mature driver, bundle discounts, youthful driver, and switch companies.
- USAA offers discounts for driver training, defensive driver, annual mileage, good student, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new graduate, good student, preferred payment discount, safety features, and teen driver discount.
If you need affordable San Antonio auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. For a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Insurance agents can help
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Local neighborhood San Antonio car insurance agents
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important especially in San Antonio.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from an insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. San Antonio agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below are San Antonio independent insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agents in San Antonio willing to provide price quote information.
Deciding on an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in San Antonio?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Persistent drivers can save
The cheapest Acura ILX insurance in San Antonio can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in San Antonio, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver or questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
More detailed car insurance information is located by following these links:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)